Jefferson County Business Demographics:
Ranking 42nd in Pennsylvania based on employment, Jefferson County has a lot of room to grow! Health care related service is the largest sector of employment within Jefferson County with over 200 employer units. Running a close second to the Health Care sector, is Transportation and Warehousing with over 160 employer units. Manufacturing is the third largest sector with over 110 employer units. With an annual payroll of over $144.2 million dollars, these firms employ approximately 7,150 people.
- Jefferson County continues to be a leading producer of fabricated metal parts, with over 25 firms employing approximately 1,200 people.
- The finest veneer quality hardwoods in the world are located in or near Jefferson County. Currently more than 19 firms utilize state-of-the art technology to process these trees for commercial and residential use.
- Glass container manufacturing continues to be the largest employer within Jefferson County and generations of residents have been making world-class products since 1907.
- Jefferson County is located in the heart of the powdered metal industry and it boasts numerous parts manufacturers and secondary processing facilities.
- Jefferson County is located on top of the Marcellus Shale gas play. With the extensive transportation infrastructure located within Jefferson County we are set to be a prime player in the rapidly expanding energy and energy service industry with in our state.
Please feel free to browse the links below to find out more about Jefferson County.